Wednesday, September 24, 2008

God’s Covenant of Protection Saved My Sons

One of the most powerful sermons from my Pastor was Understanding Our Covenant of Protection. A covenant is an agreement or a promise between two people. Most people today put very little in the covenant or promises of God as they believe that the Bible is an old ancient book. However, Hebrews tells us that Jesus is the same yesterday, today, and forever. We know that Jesus and his WORD are synonymous according to John 1; so if the Word is the same yesterday, today. and forever, that means that God’s covenant and promises are working as much today as they did back then!

You can say that the Bible is a book of God's covenant promises for your life. We do our part, and He promises to do His. What is our part? Our part is to read and believe His WORD. Trust that He will do what He says He will do in His Word!

My boys were in a serious car accident just a couple of days ago in which state troopers said they have never seen a roll-over accident where everyone walks away and that there are always a few fatalities. The testimony is nothing short of God’s divine protection and the power of the covenant in action.

One of my daily prayers for my children is the prayer of protection from Psalm 91. It is one of the most powerful promises regarding the power of protection that I want to encourage everyone to read, meditate, and memorize so that you can pray this over yourself and your loved ones daily. We may be faced with danger at times in our life, but no weapon that is formed against us can prosper! (Isaiah 54:17)

Just the other day as I was on the airplane waiting for my flight to take off, I was thinking about the children and just an uneasy feeling about letting them be away from home while we are thousands of miles away, so I began to pray for safety and protection for everyone and prayed Psalm 91 as I always do over each of my kids as well as my own safety.

Once I prayed,I had to trust in that promise of Protection! You can't have faith and fear operating at the same time! Again, a covenant is an agreement or a promise. I just had to rest knowing that I had to trust his WORD concerning the kids based on Psalm 91-God's covenant of Protection to His people!

While in Napa Valley, CA with my girlfriend, I had a sick feeling in my gut and just seconds later my husband called to tell me of the news. Yes, we pray and naturally, we are shocked when such news arrive; however, when he told me everyone in the truck was safe, we just immediately praised God for His Covenant of Protection and gave Him all the glory! God reminds me everytime that his Promises, are YES and Amen!

We must give credit where credit is due and it’s neither luck nor a big SUV that protected them. We hear or see reports of people killed in accidents involving SUVs.

To make a long story short, our friend’s SUV was pulling a 30’ camper going 60 mph (below speed), the back tire of SUV blew and caused the camper to fish tail back and forth on the hwy until it pulled the SUV from the right all the way to the left rolling the vehicle and down into the ditch. No other vehicles were in the way and everyone walked away uninjured except some soreness from the impact, minor scratches and bruises!

Thank you Lord!! If you are not familiar with Psalm 91, I really want to encourage you to read this below and print it out, meditate on it until it’s engraved in your spirit and pray this daily over your loved ones.

One year ago this time, my boys were in the midst of a gang chase and shooting while on their football field. The shooter ran right pass my eldest son shooting at the person he was chasing.

Again, if it weren’t for God’s divine protection, he wouldn’t be here this day! God has a divine destiny for these boys…and I can’t wait to see it come to fruition!

I have bold specific verses that we pray over our families concerning God’s protection and it’s almost the entire Psalm:

Psalm 91 NLV Version:

1 Those who live in the shelter of the Most High
will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
This I declare about the LORD:
He alone is my refuge, my place of safety;
he is my God, and I trust him
4 He will cover you with his feathers.
He will shelter you with his wings.
His faithful promises are your armor and protection.


7 Though a thousand fall at your side,
though ten thousand are dying around you,
these evils will not touch you...


9 If you make the LORD your refuge,
if you make the Most High your shelter,
10 no evil will conquer you;
no plague will come near your home.

11 For he will order his angels
to protect you wherever you go...

14 The LORD says, “I will rescue those who love me.
I will protect those who trust in my name.

15 When they call on me, I will answer;
I will be with them in trouble.
I will rescue and honor them.
16 I will reward them with a long life
and give them my salvation.


No comments:

Post a Comment