Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Twitter Moms

I stumbled across twittermoms.com while reading another blog-and I absolutely love it. It's truely an interactive social network-I mean instant access for moms only. I wish this was around when I was home for all those years with my little ones. I always tried to get involved with mommy groups, but found it difficult to get out with all the kiddies. I wanted to just pick the brains of other young mommies---well...if that is you, I highly encourage you to check out twittermoms.com

This network is not just for young mommies, it's for all types of mommies with various special interestest. As there slogan reads: "Moms who tweet: find, follow, lead, learn, love and share."

Six years ago, I didn't even use email, and since then, I have turned into a little internet junkie. I find it so much easier and communicate and stay abreast with all of my friends and family than trying to set play dates with everyone and fill up my calendar just to catch up...come on, who really has time-we'd get nothing done that way!

Now, of course, I like the personal interactions, but honestly, it's just not possible and the internet has allowed me to stay close to friends who are out of state even! I can hop on and off anytime-no set schedules to meet--kind of strange? Who would have thought 20 years ago, that you can actually interact and have relationships through a box that sits on your lap or on your desk.

I've joined a few twitter mommy groups, as there are so many things that I am interested in learning and exchanging with other mommies around the world on: Teen Mommies, Mommy Bloggers, Fitness Mommies, Married Mamas, etc. The discussions and blogs are fabulous and again the interactions are instant.

I have a myspace and it's been great to share updates and small talk, but it's as not interactive as twittermoms.com.

If you are a twitter mom already I'd love to connect with you on there and if you are saying, "What the heck is a Twitter?" Follow the link below. It's an easy How To Guide from one of the twitter moms to get you started!

http://www.wineonthekeyboard.com/2008/09/29/what-is-twitter/
Hope to see you over there!

View my page on twitter moms

1 comment:

  1. Isn't TwitterMoms great? I, too, wish something like that had been around when my kids were young! I've really been enjoying all the groups on TwitterMoms too.

    Thanks for the link to my Twitter Guide. I just didn't "get" Twitter at first, and thought I'd help explain it to people a bit so maybe they could understand it better.

    ReplyDelete