Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Only Believe

I do not watch television much, not because I'm against it, I just don't have time! However, sometimes, I'll turn the news on to listen in the background while I'm writing to catch up on current events. I just heard a statistic on Headline News that said 3 out of 4 Americans are stressed and angry at what's going on in the world.

Recently, a few interviews were aired from those who are facing difficult times and shared of their hopelessness, distress, and discouragement by what is going on in the economy; loosing their homes due to foreclosures, jobs, finances. My heart just ached and I wish that I could personally rescue all these people from their situations. Sometimes, I would just stop and tears would well up in my eyes.

What came to mind was a couple of verses from the Bible that the Lord shared with his disciples that I want to encourage you with. "These things I have spoken to you, so that in Me you may have peace. In the world you have tribulation (trials, trouble, distress, difficulty), but take courage; I have overcome the world... "Do not let your heart be troubled; believe in God, believe also in Me." (John 14:1, John 16:33)

Jesus warned that in this world there will be trials, trouble, and difficulty, but to not let our hearts be troubled by the trials but take courage-be bold and brave, and trust in God and believe in Him. Do not be afraid, only believe.

What happens when we only believe? Believing activates a supernatural force from heaven-the Power of God to bring things to pass in the natural. You may say, well I don't see heaven releasing anything in the natural in my life.

Are you letting your heart be troubled, are you trusting in God? It's difficult to trust when we are facing such turbulence. But that is where we have to really walk by faith and not by sight. That doesn't mean that we ignore what's going on, but that in the midst of what we see, we have faith to "only believe" anyway.

See, sometimes we are allowing the cares and worries of this world to get in and choke out our faith and we are not really believing. Sometimes I have to shut out all the noise of discouragements, and only believe as I, too have faced circumstances where I had to really trust in Him and have seen God turn situations around that only the power of God can do.

I dare you to "only believe" and watch God intervene in your life and turn your trials and troubles around!

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful posting. It really meant a lot to me and I find you very inspirational. I wish I would have gotten to know you in high school as I can see this truly beautiful person I didn't know back then. Thanks for the opportunity to get to know you better now.

    Blessings,
    Shari

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so encouraging! More people need to hear the message of faith at this time. We need it. Thank you for sharing from your spirit. You're a blessing!

    xoxo,
    Deaquelynn~

    ReplyDelete