Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Beauty of the Season

A couple of weeks ago I was taking the back roads home to avoid rush hour traffic and what a great detour that was! I was surrounded by gorgeous Autumn colors from both sides of the road and was absolutely in awe at the beauty of it all. It was as if I was a kid seeing Fall for the first time!



All the leaves had transitioned into warm shades of reds and oranges. I could see an array of colors that graced every tree branch for miles ahead. My daughter was with me and didn't see why I was so mesmerized over the leaves changing colors. Well, what can I say? I don't recall paying attention to my surroundings either at her age.

I decided that we would seize the opportunity and capture all the gorgeous colors by having family photos taken for Christmas cards. I wanted to cherish the beauty of the season and make memories before the leaves faded away.



Typically, family Christmas pictures are a little more formal; however, this year we would be casual, fun, and natural. No posy shots. All I requested was that everyone wore something relatively nice. Mind you, that was hard for me not to coordinate what the family was going to wear, as I like everything to match perfectly! Guys in one color, gals in another.



We did it-mission accomplished! Why haven't I taken advantage of this in the past? Sometimes life is just so busy to stop and enjoy what is right in front of us. Today, I drove down the same road that inspired the family photos and the leaves have all withered...gone...blown away!



The weather has turned from Indian like Summer in the last week, with temperatures in the 70's. Today, I'm bundled up in my winter coat and gloves. The gorgeous Autumn scenery, within a couple of weeks turned from abounding in rich warm hues to gray and cold. It won't be long before I beg my husband to move us to somewhere warm!



Living in the Midwest and seeing the change of the seasons certainly reminds me of God's promise to us in Genesis: "While the earth remains, seed time and harvest, cold and heat, summer and winter, day and night shall not cease."



@2008 A Cup of Tea with Duong

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures of a beautiful family! Thanks for sharing your world. May God bless each of you in a very special way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy Wow! The leaves! Really they are awesome photos for holiday cards!! Who took the photos!??

    Very cool.. And your kids are too cute, or is it handsome when they are older Ha!

    Do you want your email address linked to when you comment?

    You can see my tute here:
    http://goodandcrazypeople.blogspot.com/2008/09/dear-no-reply-blogger.html

    How did you sign in to my comments? It linked directly to your blog?? I liked that actually?

    ReplyDelete