Wednesday, November 5, 2008

In God We Trust

I have received numerous emails and forwards over the past several months regarding election 2008. After opening a couple of these emails, I could tell by responding or forwarding them would have rocked some boats! I decided that I would not open or forward anymore emails that had to do with the election, even though a few slipped by me because of the subject title.

I am a Christian and found it appalling from a fellow Christian who sent a mass email that promoted making history and race and encouraged those on the distribution list to forward the email to everyone we knew. Huh?? Did Christian values not matter in this election?

Friends, families, colleagues, and fellow Christians were divided over this election. Once a person is fully convinced in his or her own mind, there is no reason for debating issues. All debating does is cause division and strife; hence, is it really worth it? Absolutely not!

Regardless of who is President, my trust is not in what the President can do for me, my trust is in what God can do for me. My destiny is not determined by who governs our country, but rather who governs my life.

Today we have a new President....what now? Pray for our new President and our nation...."In God We Trust!"

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful post! Did you enter it in the Mommy Gossip—GNO Topic Talk features for the week? If you are interested, send the link to mommygossipgno AT gmail DOT com. We are featuring a wide array of election-related articles this week. Yours would be a great addition.

    I appreciate your candor.

    jyl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Couldn't agree more Duong! This has been a very interesting election on many levels.

    xxTrina

    ReplyDelete